I don’t think I’ve ever done a basket makeover and if you’re anything like me you’re always looking for ways to gain extra storage. Even though I love my old built-in-1890 house like most old houses storage is one thing it severely lacks.
So when I found this picnic basket a while ago I decided it was the perfect thing to help me with this problem, but first it needed a makeover.
I recently found this Rustoleum Spray Chalk Paint and this is the first time I’ve tried it. (I didn’t receive any compensation for this post.)
It says it gives one coat coverage in most cases, but I found for this basket it needed two. It may have been me and my uneven spraying technique. lol.
I also sprayed the inside and the bottom.
My craft studio doesn’t have much storage real estate left, so this basket will be in the master bedroom holding any linens that I have for sale in my etsy shop. I just found a bunch of vintage tea towels that I’ll be sharing later this week.
I also just found another one of these baskets and spray painted it too. It took one can of the spray paint to do the two baskets inside and out. That’s not too bad.
I have some empty space above my master bedroom bifold door/dresser bookcases so I put these two baskets on top of one of them. I’m now looking for two more for the other bookcase.
I really love how the baskets turned out. I think if I left them natural the dark would be too heavy. I like how they kind of blend in… out of the way but very functional at the same time.
Thanks so much for reading and until next time…
keep on keepin’ on!