What did I find there?
These fabulous two toned bath poufs in very spring-ish colours. They were $2 each because of their huge size.
As soon as I saw them I knew what I wanted to try to do with them… make them into one large rose.
Now whether or not it would work was another story.
My first photo of the poufs somehow went poof… so I rewound all the kajillion yards of tube netting of each pouf for the above photo.
That was fun, let me tell ya. I had to hold one end of the cording in my teeth so I could tie them up.
Oh what I won’t do for a project. lol.
I attached the second pouf to the safety pins with the pink on the pink side and the green on the yellow side.The store I went to didn’t have another pink and yellow one so I had to improvise.
I pulled some of the yellow through the centre from the other side.
Then I had to figure out how I would get the wreath to not sag when I hung it up.
So… wooden skewers to the rescue. They’re not just for BBQ shishkabob.
I poked the skewers through pointy side first in three different spots, and this gave the wreath some much needed support.
I broke off the pointy ends of the skewers and pushed them back in a little so they’d be out of sight.
The centre one is what will hang on the nail.
I added a few butterflies that I found in my stash.
Not really crazy about them though. I think it looks too busy.
I’ll be looking for one or two larger ones in pretty pastellic colours.
On another note, thanks for the suggestions for finishing off my project from last week here. I know what I want to do with it now and I just need to find a few items.
Thanks so much for reading.
Have a fabulous day!