It was in perfect condition… just a little worn and dusty.
All it needed was a good cleaning and a coat of a lovely white spray paint and primer combo… so out to my cardboard painting booth in the garage it went. Here it is about to be painted.
Before covering the lid with fabric I removed the contact paper covering to find this green vinyl underneath. It was still in good shape, but totally not what I was going for.
I removed the two hinges holding the lid in place and used this fabulous floral fabric from my stash.
I cut it to size and simply folded the sides in, stapling as I went. Once the hamper was dry I reattached the lid to the hamper.
Here’s the before again.
And the after.
It really cleaned up nice, and it’s so much brighter.
I’m going to let it sit with the lid open for a few days to air out the spray paint smell. I had a photo of the inside, but when I went to get the pics to add to this post it had somehow disappeared. Nothing much to see anyway… it just looks more white than it did before.
Now it can take it’s rightful place in the upstairs bathroom/laundry room.
Have a great day, and thanks so much for reading!