Mini Nativity Displayed in Jars

I’d like to wish all my American friends and followers a very special Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have a great day with your friends and families.

Here in Canada we celebrated our Thanksgiving in October, so I’ve been busy for some time now with Christmas decorating projects.

Last week I was lucky to find an adorable mini nativity scene set at the thrift store for $2, and I just couldn’t resist it. I wasn’t sure how I was going to display it until I got home and saw the set of four lidded glass jars that I thrifted awhile back for $5 sitting on my craft room desk.

Here’s my mini nativity scene display.

Mini Nativity Set Display

I started with these nine pieces. The wise man in green is the tallest at 3″.

Mini Nativity Set Display

I used the three largest jars for this display. I sprinkled in some decorative snow and then arranged the pieces inside the jars. Easy peasy!!

Here are some close ups.

Mini Nativity Set Display
Mini Nativity Set Display

I arranged the jars on a shelf and surrounded them with craft batting to look like snow. Then I added a few trees that I borrowed from our Christmas village display.

Mini Nativity Set Display

I decided that it definitely needed a star. So I cut one out of cardboard, covered it with mod podge, and then sprinkled it with silver glitter. Once it was dry I attached it to the back of the inside of the jar with double sided tape.

Putting the pieces in these lidded jars keeps them dust-free, and away from mischievous felines. So simple… but I love it.

Thanks so much for reading!

XOX
If you’re not already a reader I’d love to have you along. Just click on any of the icons below
or subscribe to receive posts by email at the top of my sidebar.

strawberry-igottacreate-72-pinterest3sunshine72-facebook-igottacreate4soft mint72 hometalk  igottacreateasparagus72 twitter igottacreateturquoise72 igottacreate g+ copytangerine72-igottacreate-rss4

Comments

1. says

Did you glue them to the bottom? I have a mini-set, too, and the kids are constantly loosing pieces (sweeping under the fridge in July and found a wiseman). This idea could solve that problem!
    Found you at Rooted in Thyme.

• says

I didn't glue the figures in the jars because mine have nice flat bottoms and are standing OK on their own. You certainly could glue them in first and then add the snow. That would work perfectly! Especially if you think the jars might be handled sometimes. I'm so glad my project might be helpful to you. Thanks so much for stopping by!

2. says

What a fun way to display the nativity scene! I love the bottle brush trees and fake snow in the backdrop too. I came by to say HI from Inspiration Cafe. We appreciate you visiting! I'm following you too. :)

3. says

What a cute idea, so creative. I found you on Debbie's Newbie Monday and am looking forward to following you. I'm a new blogger and am having fun discovering this new world. Ronda

Moutaindelights.blogspot.com

• says

Thanks so much Ronda! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogland. It's really a lot of fun and there are so many fabulous and friendly bloggers out there. I really appreciate you stopping by and following. I'll be sure to pop over for a visit.

4. says

I saw your link on Creative Bloggers' Party and Hop and the nativity scene idea caught my eye. I love nativities and had to come and see what you did with yours. I love it. It's a beautiful display. My little boy would be messing with the pieces all of the time if I had a miniature set but not in closed jars like that. Clever!! Love it!