DIY Wrought Iron Candle Holder Birdbath

So I have a thing for birdbaths. I admit it. It’s not something I’m ashamed of but, yes, I do have a problem. Every time I come home from a thrifting expedition my haul always seems to include things that I can use to make into birdbaths. I just can’t help myself.
Here’s my latest example.
diy-wrought-iron-candle-holder-birdbath

Here’s what I started with.  A wrought iron candle holder (it’s upside down in the photo), a ceramic base (not sure what it really is), a glass coaster, and a glass bowl. The cost of all these items was $1.75.
diy-wrought-iron-candle-holder-birdbath

I gave everything a good cleaning and then primed the base and the wrought iron candle holder with Tremclad Spray Primer. Then I sprayed both with a light purple Krylon.

I balanced the glass coaster on the top of the candle holder, on the three arms, and adhered it with the GOOP glue. I then left it to dry until the next day. I had to make sure the coaster was very securely attached before I glued the glass bowl on to the coaster.

diy-wrought-iron-candle-holder-birdbath

I love the purple!

diy-wrought-iron-candle-holder-birdbath
Here’s the finished bird bath in the garden.
Since the bowl isn’t very deep, it can easily be used as a bird feeder. We don’t have squirrels in our area so that wouldn’t be a problem.
But it’s a birdbath for now. Apparently, this girl’s garden can’t have too many. LOL. (By the way, the birds love me.)
Thanks so much for reading!

XOX
If you’re not already a reader I’d love to have you along. Just click on any of the icons below
or subscribe to receive posts by email at the top of my sidebar.

strawberry-igottacreate-72-pinterest3sunshine72-facebook-igottacreate4soft mint72 hometalk  igottacreateasparagus72 twitter igottacreateturquoise72 igottacreate g+ copytangerine72-igottacreate-rss4

Comments

1. says

Hello!
    I'm your newest follower :)

I just ADORE this beautiful birdbath that you made! So creative and of course I LOVE the color! I look forward to seeing your crafty talent! Thanks so much for sharing and have a wonderful night!

(hugs)
    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

2. says

That is way cute! Love it!
    Just wanted to say thank you for joining our Welcome Wednesday blog hop! We hope to see you stop by weekly and even maybe enter some of our giveaways and check out our freebies & deals! We are so happy to be new followers of your blog and can't wait to come back! You are more than welcome to grab our special Welcome Wednesday button which will link you directly to our hop each week & that also helps spread the word about our great event!

THANKS!
    Kristin & Jaime

Take It From Me

3. says

looks great. I did something similar last week. I made cake plates kind of like this. Check them out at throughbetsyslookingglass.blogspot.com

4. says

hello, its gorgeous your birdbath! I made some last year but all my glasses broke after the heavy winter and snow we had. I was really sad. :( :( I dont know if yours will resist the snow, I hope it will!

• says

Hi Princess! I'm sorry to hear that your glasses broke. We have harsh winters here so I take all my garden art items inside the shed for the winter. I don't think they would make it outside at all. Thanks so much for stopping by.

5. says

I have been making the plate flowers and some birdbaths, feeders and garden statuary and like you I love the Marine Goop. I think it is better than the Silicone because it is clearer when it cures. I have found this to be an addicting pastime and now need to sell.